23 Things You Just Wouldn’t Know if Not for Social Media
Thank goodness for Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for keeping us updated on all the essential news. Or not…
1. Someone you worked with ten years ago is having a baby.
2. Everyone’s feet are having a great vacation.
3. Ninety percent of the population now ‘eats clean’.
4. … and the rest is eating really dirty (but stylishly).
5. A lot of people seem to care more about celebrities when they’re dead than they ever did when they were alive.
6. People are willing to be a lot nastier online than they’d ever dare to be in real life. (Don’t feed the trolls.)
7. That the President of the United States loves exclamation marks (!).
8. All the inspirational quotes. Every single one of them.
9. People get really upset about living in temporarily chaotic conditions because they are having their kitchens, bathrooms or entire houses renovated. Because it’s hard knowing your home is about to look amazing.
10. Someone you went to school with is upset about something, they want everyone to know about it, but they do not want to talk about it. OK, huh?
11. How much people love their partner / mom / dad. But they can’t just tell them or send them a card; they have to announce it on social media. Even if the person they are talking about isn’t on social media.
12. Precisely how many ‘sleeps’ there are between now and your friend’s wedding / amazing vacation / Christmas.
13. People get excited about Christmas WAY TOO EARLY.
14. You thought you knew someone and it turns out that #they #really #donot #understand #appropriate #hashtag #use.
15. Everyone’s progress on Candy Crush
16. Selfie fans will stop to take selfies anywhere, anytime.
17. … especially in the gym (OK, we get it: you’re there, working out, and we’re sitting here scrolling through social media. YOU WIN.)
18. People have wildly different political views than you do.
19. Everyone (apart from you) is having a REALLY GOOD TIME.
20. Everybody’s getting engaged. And having a really cheesy photo-shoot to prove it.
21. What everyone’s kids look like, from the moment they’re born until they’re old enough to say “get that camera out of my face.”.
22. All the TV spoilers. SHUSH! I haven’t seen that yet.
23. Your friend would like to wish their dog / cat / kid happy birthday, even though as far as you can tell, their dog / cat / baby is not a user of social media.